Thursday 16 September 2010

READING UPSIDE DOWN

It's been drawn to my attention - by Sebastian - that my publicity photograph shows me holding a book upside down. Well, Sebastian, for your information, it's supposed to be upside down. I am a huge fan of the ancient and honourable art of upside down book reading (I'm a green belt, thank you very much). The reading of books up the wrong way is as old as time itself and even gets a mention in the Doomsday Book. As a devotee I attend evening classes on the subject at my local college. The course I am attending at present is called: 'Reading Upside Down.' and includes the following bumph:
Do you like reading books the wrong way up? If the answer to that particular question is yes, then this IS the course for you. We will show you some (one) time-tested technique(s) for reading your books upside down without the need for standing on your head.
* No more aching necks.
* No more unsightly scuff marks half way up the living room door.
* No more having to wear track suit bottoms underneath your dressing gown.

PS. If time permits we'll also be looking at evidence that proves beyond all doubt that Mama Cass-Eliot and Jimi Hendrix both choked to death on the same pork pie crust.

2 comments:

  1. I LIKE THIS. I don't like reading long things, so when I saw the star type bullet points, I was well in there. It made it really palatable, and I digested it's goodness quickly. Thanks Tuffin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be the most appropriate book to be reading upside down Tuffin. It being a Spike Milligan book. He was kinda upside down himself eh?

    I must do some work on my blog and things but have been busy having a birthday and then jollying round Prague.

    ReplyDelete